When someone uses the expression " things are a little complicated” they are being disingenuous, only trying to justify their mistake. As a small dealer who sells a fraction of the guns he sells, I cannot for the life of me understand why he doesn’t have custom shipping boxes for shotguns and long guns made and on hand to ship whatever a customer buys without having to resort to what he did. Hell, I just had a hundred each of long gun boxes with sleeves and double gun boxes with dividers and sleeves made and they cost me about a thousand for the 200 boxes. That’s 5 bucks a box. So, to save 5 bucks on a box, he uses a case he sold to someone else to ship guns. Not what I would call a decision normally made by a good businessman.

The bottom line is that this was a bad decision on Russ’s part and he should just offer to take it back at no financial loss to the customer. There is too much room for speculation and the only way to clear the air is to do that. Anything short of this is quibbling at best and deceptive and fraudulent at worse.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member