Russ,

You screwed the pooch, by the numbers and you know it. Deny it all that you want, it just makes it worse for your reputation and you can not deny that you made a mistake. So by not refunding all the money, including duties, and shipping your reputation is justly damaged. Did you expect him to pay near a hundred dollars to look at the case? It got there as damaged goods because you did not pack it properly and send it directly to him.

The packaging was so bad that no claim against the shipper could be made. This is a shippers mistake that sounds like was mostly the fault of the first reciever but you are responsible for his actions. You sent the case to him so he is you problem if he did not take care of the package. If you had packaged the case only in paper as described then it is still your error. A heavy case like that need several layers of cardboard to protect it in shipping.

It is not the buyers fault that the item was diverted to another person and then arrived damaged. You had an obligation to ship it directly to him and make sure it arrived undamaged by packing it properly. You did neither, did you? You did not want to loose any money because of your mistake but your loss now will be many times greater because you have damaged your own reputation.

It is not the buyers fault for posting the facts here. And the basic facts are not really in dispute. You can try to split hairs about weither all the faults are that bad, but the major fault is yours for not getting a paid in full item to the buyer in as described shape. You did not commit fraud, like you are posting about the KY seller you got screwed by, but you also did not deliver the goods and then did not deal with it like a man and bite the bullet.

I would not know you if I saw you and suspect that as a rule you are a decent person and seller but I will not be very interested in any guns that you have for sale. This transaction does not speak well for your actions. And your postings here will do nothing to correct the situation.