I recently bought two guns sight unseen from this "gentleman"...a Lefever G and a Parker D. Neither had any defects other than normal patina according to the descriptions. The Lefever was specifically described as being crack-free. Lo and behold, the Lefever has 4 major and one minor crack in the head/wrist area, two of which are very much "alive". The Parker has a replacement buttstock ("possible refinish" according to Mr. Sims) and the entire action and trigger bow are quite heavily pitted, even though they have been aggressively cleaned. Parker is also off face and has reamed bbls with fresh reamer marks in the left bore and chamber.

This gent refuses to reverse the transaction. He says he is not a gunsmith and he couldn't see any of these problems, ergo his descriptions were honest. I should have asked questions before buying, he says (even though my offer was contingent on "no hidden or expensive surprises). Since he isn't an FFL holder, I can't even ship the guns back to him while we sort this out.

And I thought Midwest types were honest godfearing folk!

Anyone live around Mr. Sims? I have an assignment for you if you do. Esp. if you have an FFL. Email me.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles