Ron and Mrs. Ron: I know I have taken up more than my share of electrons on this thread but three additional points:

First; My French Brittanys are hunting dogs and I field trial them in NSTRA during the off-season. NSTRA competitions take place on about 35 acres. American Field trials are held on thousands of acres and those dogs need every acre. My dogs would not be competitive in American Field.

Second; My Brittanys are multi purpose dogs. That is they are house pests and hunting dogs and trial dogs. I use them as retrievers during dove season, pointing dogs during quail and pheasant season, and NSTRA trial dogs during the off season. When we come home from these adventures they lay about the house on leather furniture and in refrigerated air. They are good at hanging out. They don't have tails beating you and raking everything off the coffee table. You can get dogs that are better at any one of these uses but it would be very difficult to find ones that were so effective at all of them.

Third; I suggest you read back through each post and the disregard the ones that didn't recommend French Brittanys as they are just wrong. grin

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/24/11 11:10 AM.

I am glad to be here.