More image of Joe's prize and his W&C Scott below:

W&C Scott from 1870

The serial number of 1525x, Birmingham preliminary proofs and "STUB" stamps hints at a Birmingham origin and William & Charles Scott. Some may say ah, Charles Daly could have sourced the components from from Sauer and yes Sauer peddled sporting weapons from (1862)1865-1872 time period with examples like Onion & Wheelock percussion also having Sauer's name on them. But Sauer as we know it was organized till early 1873. So Schoveling & Daly, H.A. Lindner & Sauer all really began to grow their roots in the early 1870s. Daly may have been the reason, possibly thru contacts of Hermann Boker and/or August Schoverling, for the cash infusion and subsequent expansion during this period. I think W&C Scott may be responsible for the "bump" on the forend???

Understanding Charles Daly & the gun trade, I'm going to speculate that brothers Golcher, Jakob, Overbaugh, etc. were agents or associates in Schoverling & Daly. After establishing his "factory" in Suhl, which was more like an infusion of funds, he had the Lindners to facilitate effort sourcing on the orders with either homegrown or imported components and had their name roll stamped or engraved on the sporting weapon that they were going to peddle. Take George Fisher for example. He was a porter in the firm and may have attained a higher rank at some point. But after he expired, Charles Daly had guns made with his name roll stamped on the top rib. I think the same for Wiebusch & Hilger( Charles Frederick Wiebusch, William S. Hilger & M. Taussig ). Very little effort was applied on this side of the pond with the names atop being pretty much firearms merchants.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse