Mr. Hallquist, it is possible. Let me see if he was an agent.(I see an E.S. Phelps of Rochester, NY but no C.E. Overbaugh in the early to mid 1870s)
Heindrick August Schoverling was a partner, senior member more than likely, of at least one if not all of the import/retail houses/concerns until 1888 at the age of 48 when he was diagnosed with heart disease. From the remainder of his life he tooled around Europe until a cold turned to pneumonia in Düsseldorf on the Rhine. Earlier in 1859 he began his journey as he departed Osnabrück, Hannover and immigrated to NY where he secured empolyment at Hermann Boker & Company, the same firm where Charles Daly was an employee. By the early 1860 he was head of the firearms department and in 1865 he & Daly left Hermann Boker & Company to hang out a single shingle bearing the name Schoverling & Daly. I don't think he had a stake in Hermann Boker & Company. According to testimony they operated their own import/retail house in the 1880s. Can you tell me if C.E. Overbaugh offered a Body Action/A&D in 1886? All these Scott Action hammergun types and Lindner Body Action/A&D types could have easily permeated the U.S. of A. gun making network from the 3 import nodes. Me thinks it was 1883 when the import laws began to put a crimp on their business? - http://www.archive.org/stream/usimportdutiesun00unitrich#page/132/mode/2up

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse