Quote:
Mr. Krause, lovely to have you in our merry troupe. (…) And to end this line of questioning, are you of any relation to Wolfgang Krause?

Hi Raimey,

thanks for your warm welcome! Seems, my cover is blown away! wink Yes, I have a relation to Wolfgang Krause. Actually, since some decades. He’s my father. So, if you have any questions regarding a gun he’s offering: ask me. My father doesn’t speak English and he’ll forward any request to me anyway for drafting a reply.

Quote:
t was either on page 6 or 7 that those closely following noted the meaning of the crowns but not an exact date of nonuse.

Thanks a lot for showing (again) this wonderful Sauer document provided by “Geno”! Wonderful! Thanks Geno for bringing this to our attention. I have some Sauer invoices in my collection – but not a document like this!

Quote:
Being one of the privileged to actually hold the Sauer records, can you say at any time if the lot will be published, if it may be acquired on a page by page basis, any direction on the Sauer process marks, mechanic's marks and those pesky script "g"s, and others, that are found on the lower rib just forward of the flats?

Pardon me, but I don’t understand? I, personally, don’t have access to the “Sauer records”. Do you mean the “work books” discovered by Jim Cate and me in 2007? I don’t have full copies, but only copies of some pages (we weren’t allowed to copy (scan) the complete “work books” and were allowed only to make three (3) photos and were allowed to order pricy photo copies) – but Peo has ‘em all and complete. Or did I misunderstand it? Do you have the complete Sauer records?

In any case, when Jim and I visited the Suhl archive, we went through literally thousands of pages of Sauer files – but we did not discover any hint to process marks and the “pesky script “g”s, and others”.

Originally Posted By: Geno
Its quite explainable. Sauer had guns and guns in white in stock.

Hi Geno,

Thanks! First of all, you have my full admiration of your observations, facts, photos and documents! Next; yes, they had guns in stock. And, the explanation for the two crowns in the 1903 catalog…. Well, I have to admit: the year date on this catalog isn’t printed, but applied with an ink stamp marking. So, in fact, the “master" of said catalog may have been used for quiet a time – I don’t know.

Regards

Martin

P.S:

Originally Posted By: PeteM

Martin,

So good to see you here my friend. Your input is always an education for me.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks! Nice to be welcomed in such a friendly and warm-hearted way!