Originally Posted By: KY Jon
I do not put that much stock into anything which has been accurately measured for only a very short time. If tempatures are tracked for 50 or 100 years you get a upward swing that everyone worries about but this is like looking at one thousandth second and thinking that you understand the entire day. Snap shots are a poor substitute to the complete picture of time.

You got that right. Ask any global warming fanatic and they will recite chapter and verse as to the exact temperatures that suit their template. Mention Montana in the "70s" and, assuming you meant 1970s, they draw a blank in respect to the decade when the scientific jive-jobbers had their love affair with global cooling. But correct yourself and say, "I meant the 1870s..." and they are quick to recite "data" from a time when the only thermometer in the whole territory was aboard one steamboat on the Yellowstone River, and Col.Custer had not a clue even as to how many Indians there were at the Little Big Horn, much less the high and low and mean temperatures for the day, week, month, or year. But I'll bet that today, the jive-jobbers can give you all the daily 1870s Montana temps to the third decimal point, based on their interpretations of the half-life of carbon-molecules of dandruff found on scalps scattered around old Indian camp fires.

Just remember, "Figures lie and Liars Figure," and "This too shall pass...." EDM

EDM