Originally Posted By: PM
Originally Posted By: RHD45
I like the writings of EH but he was a greatly flawed individual and the way he chose to end his life was selfish and thoughtless. There are many better ways of ending your life and they will not leave your survivors with more trauma than was called for.

You have to wonder why suicides run in families. Is it in the genetic make up or once one family member takes his life it seems a more acceptable solution. EH's granddaughter also took her own life on or near the anniversary of her grandfathers death.
His youngest son died shortly after being arrested and spending time in a woman's jail dressed like a woman. I believe I remember his oldest son saying once that the gun he commited suicide with was either a Beretta or a Model 21. I have it taped somewhere but it has been so long since I watched it, I can't remember what it was. They had a show on about Hemingway and had his oldest and youngest sons on it. I remember his oldest son was standing in the very spot where his father commited suicide and explaining how he had stuck the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. I'll have to pull that out and watch it.