I apologize if I offended anyone and suppose I shouldn't have used the word fluff. The gun content to me seems superficial and since most of the folks on this board are more in depth concering guns, in fact this is the most knowledgeable group I know of anywhere, I assumed most of us wouldn't be interested in somewhat shallow articles about shotguns.

It is a very pretty magazine and one that looks really nice on the coffee table.

As to owning the gun Papa used to end his life, I feel it was a shame to cut the gun into pieces. I guess I'm so attached to the thought process that guns are just instruments wielded by men's hands, I can't understand the thought process.

No one respects the writing of Ernest Hemingway more than I. He was a great writer, on of the best of our lifetimes and I certainly know no one in his league today. Having said that, I wouldn't be uncomfortable shooting pheasants or clay targets with the gun he used to end his life.

I don't see the gun as evil and I don't even see the tragedy of the way he chose to end his life. Anyone who read his writing with any perception knew him well enough to not be surprised at his choice and that is exactly what his suicide was.

I'm sad he's gone, but I'm a writer, though in his league, and if I could do none of the things I enjoy and I didn't feel it would be too traumatic to those I love, I could certainly see ending my life as an option.

Papa had dementia, he could no longer function as he wanted to live life. My father died with dementia and I know the torture it is.

I respect his choice and the way I see it, the gun he used in a nice shotgun that Papa enjoyed. I think it's a shame it was cut up.

Just my opinion. I'm on vacation and have time to give opinions this week.