Very nice layout. Inviting and friendly. A refreshing look all around. Well done, Dig. By the way, I've got a beautiful old Joseph Lang muzzleloading double rifle. Barrels are superb, outside AND inside, the rifling completely untouched by any rust or pitting AT ALL. The serial # is 355. I did send an e0mail to your firm last spring asking about its history. Unfortunately it seems that the earliest records were destroyed by bombing in the blitz. But I was iniformed that it was most likely made in the first year or so of production. \

Just for the heck of it, it would be interesting (to me, at least) to know if you ever come across any earlier made Langs. Forgot to mention that the engraving is, of course, first rate as well as the wood. But the most interesting thing to me about the wood is that while its picked up the normal dings and scratches you'd expect on a hunting rifle so old, all the checkering is CRISP. Wherever the wood is checkered it looks as if it was done yesterday! It really is a beautiful piece and I love it dearly.

And a warm, cryptic and heartfelt THANKS for the part you recently played in getting an old muzzleloading shotgun across the waters. I appreciate it greatly.

You must know that you are the envy of this entire site! Enjoy yourself.

Last edited by Krakow Kid; 10/16/10 10:25 PM.