Back from the Vintagers.

It was HOT and being surrounded by the bay, well, humid too. Thur, Fri and Sat all hit 90+. Vintage attire was quickly shed in favor of heat survival clothing of shorts, open shoes and cotton shirts. Sunday a cool front moved in and made for a nice day for the main event.

The targets were excellent. Shooters moved through the course without much delay. I shot one event Friday afternoon and that was enough due to the heat. Saturday I shot early and got in 2 prelim rounds. Had the weather been nicer, I would have gotten the Carte Blanc and shot till I dropped, in the heat 3 events was enough.

I noticed a few vendors I patronize, did not make it. Some dealers were having a good show, others reported it slow. When I queried the dealers, it seemed everyone was shopping for "a small gauge ____" and you fill in the blank.

I sold 2 guns and traded 1 towards a dent raising kit. I have some "project guns" (read wall hangers), with more than enough dents to get me up to speed before I tackle any nice gun.

It was also my wife's first trip. She enjoyed the entire event. We ate Maryland crabs every evening at different venues. She is ready to go back next year (except for the drive from NC).

Except for the flat tire, 9pm, on RTE 50, limping into a Subway parking lot to unload everything into the parking lot, to reach the spare, to change the tire, to reload the car and then dinner. At least that nice pub in Easton was open late with lots of cold beer and good crab soup.

Joe