Its not the firing pin protrusion when firing, its when opening. If the hammers aren't pushed back far enough, early enough as you open the gun, those firing pins will still be contacting the primer, and actually scrape the primer as the barrels swing down. The resulting mark on the primer looks similar to so-called "primer swipe" talked about by guys with automatic pistols.

The result is, you can't hardly open the gun. I don't mean stiff--I mean you have to break it open on your leg, with your hand on the end of the barrel.

As for "telling the second owner" I didn't put it back on the gun rack--Cabela's did. Its still there if you want it.

Believe me I have better things to do than sound the bell about these guns and listen to people imply that I'm a liar, but I can't in good conscience do nothing and have fellow gun owners put down 3k and get a lemon. Take it for whatever its worth people.

If you've gotta have a Sabatti maybe the expensive one in the old british calibers is ok, but the cheap 45/70 and 9.3mm is, IMO, not.