A decent blank of Claro for $2k!?

I think you can get spectacular English for $2k. Though extremely nice, none of the guns that I have seen photos of so far have $2k/blank wood on them in my opinion. Not even close.

I would expect that a shotgun with a base price of $2500 would be pretty darn nice gun with decent fit, finish, and checkering (even though machined). I don't get the impression that anyone here was expecting a gun of a quality worth an order of magnitude more.

I prefer old guns, but the guns that folks are showing pictures of sure like quite fine to me. Very fine as a matter of fact and I would say they are worth what the quoted prices have indicated. I have yet to see any photos of the problem guns so it's impossible to make judgement about what some folks are calling "disappointing" or "unacceptable".

And two year waits are nothing - and broken delivery time promises are the rule, not the exception, in the gun world. Not long ago, a Shiloh Sharps, or a Mecham Highwall were 5+ yr waits.Now a Shiloh is "only" 18 months - the Mecham, probably 7 yrs. Heck I've been waiting on my barrel promised in "just" 16 wks. That was back in mid September. A semicustom gun takes time and lots of it.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]