Originally Posted By: arrieta2
Treblig:

You asked about what kind of gun would hold up. None! Another friend took a brand new A & S gun down. Eight shots, ejector broke. The same fellow who did the high volume took a brand new McNaughton on a trip and craped out first day.

Now those two should have not craped out that soon. Maybe should have lasted at least to the end of the day.

John

I disagree, based on my own experiences on two trips there in the last seven years. Before I went the first time I bought a new 20 gauge Beretta 687 SPII Sporting (30 " barrels) to take. I also took a borrowed 20 as a backup. I shot a pretty good bit. Over 4300 rounds in four days first trip, and over 5400 rounds in four days last trip. Not one breakdown on either trip. The plastic will begin to build up in the chambers after 2000-2500 fast rounds and a quick swipe or two with a tight chamber brush will restore perfect ejection.

My first trip was with 7 other friends, last trip was with 16 friends. All of whom shot afromatics and had breakdowns of some sort or another. These were top drawer semis. Berettas and Benellis mostly. These were men who maintain their guns very well and clean them after each 3 hour shoot.

I didn't even take a backup gun the second trip. That may be foolhardy, but I knew Luis had plenty extra guns I could use if needed. I'll probably go back next year, and if I do the 687 will be my main gun. 10,000 rounds, furiously paced, no problems. Good gun.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.