This has been a subject that has been of interest to me for some time - what guns hold up and what guns don't, under this, probably the most 'vigorous' shotgun shooting available.

As a career law enforcement officer, and having managed the firearms training program for a good sized federal agency once upon a time, I've developed a short list of what guns 'work' and what guns don't in that business - it would be interesting to find out from participants on this board what their experiences are with shotguns used in this 'high volume' shooting. I've never been to SA but several very good and very reliable friends have - they tell me Beretta O/U's and Beretta 300 series auto's work, although the later require cleaning periodically. But what about the other shotguns, perhaps the high dollar guns such as the A&S noted in an earlier post? How do the Perazzis, Krieghoffs, Brit SxS's work in this environment? I've had reports from reliable sources on UK driven shooting and guns that have had issues - some surprising given their makers - but doubt these guns even in 20 years of shooting would see the same 'abuse' as guns used in SA shooting. How about it folks - comments, opinions, speculation?