Thanks for all of the responses. Having gone back and looked over all of the pictures and comments posted on delivered guns on a few of the major shotgun BBSs, a few observations seem to stand out. First, there was clearly a small minority of folks that simply had unrealistic expectations. But that’s to be expected and I can easily discount those posters. Second, despite the production delays and protests to the contrary, at this point there still seems to be a significant quality control issue at CSMC. Typically, this would lead me to take a wait and see attitude, and wait until my gun was delivered to see where it comes up on the quality scale.

The comments/concerns posted by Chuck, however, quite frankly worry me the most because he has been at the forefront of this issue and has been one of the most level headed and practicable voices throughout. So my question to Chuck is, echoing Mike’s sentiments, how many guns have you had the opportunity to examine in hand to cement your concerns? In my mind, the checking is the least of my concerns because if received a gun with the type of checking that you described, I would immediately send it back to be corrected/redone or return the gun at that time. The engraving is clearly more troublesome, because there is no easy fix if it is executed poorly. Now I may in the minority, but quite frankly I never really thought the engraving would be as nice as in the advertised RBL picture, but by the same token, I don’t expect it to look like a stamped job on some sub $2K O/U. Ken, have you had the opportunity to actually examine any sample in hand?

I was pretty good at sitting back and ignoring the fuss for a long time. The problem with too much time, however, is that you start to over think everything, and in that regard I am particularly guilty.

Last edited by reesq; 01/10/07 01:31 PM.