I knew I had seen another Daly SxS in the 26k range and I finally found in on page 14 of GGCA publication #26(Summer 2005 Volume 8, No.2). So Daly #2616x(SxS) would be #5 of those offered by Charles Daly with a serial number in the 26k range and wearing a proof date of 1931-1932. Mr. Fink had asked me which craftsman used the "M. Sch." stamp as his 20 bore O/U with a serial number of 266xx(O/U) has the stamp on the lower tube. Diamond Daly #2616x(SxS) in GGCA No. 26 also has the "M. Sch." stamp on the under side of the left tube. For now I guess that to be for Max Schleenstein who crossed paths with Heinrich Krieghoff while Heinrich was an apprentice and some sources indicate that Heinrich Krieghoff hired Max Schleenstein as his first employee. How was Max Schleenstein of Krieghoff sourced for effort on a couple of Dalys, I can't say. Maybe he was moonlighting? But the initials of "F.A." can also be found on the left flat on Daly Diamond #2616x(SxS) near the extractor and I want to think that is the mark of Franz Adamy. The same initals are found on Mr. Fink's 20 bore sideplated O/U Charles Daly dated December, 1932. So the craftsman "F.A." could easily offer both a SxS or O/U. Both Charles Dalys have a "W" inside a set of parans-(W) after the "bullet" on the "Krupp Lauf Stahl" stamp. Mr. Finks wears "Prussia" on the watertable while the Diamond Daly SxS has "Made in Prussia" on the right side of the watertable. Are the other possibilities for "M. Sch."? Yes and Moritz Schilling might fit the bill but there were also other stamps like "M.S.". Everyone thoroughly confused by now?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse