Terry:
A teaser it is as well as a nice addition to the overall Daly puzzle. It looks akin to the O/U at Bob Jones that has Chrs. Funk's name roll stamped on it. The arcaded fences are somewhat similar along with the 1/2 pipe side frame reinforcement. Even though the following diagram is a combo, I think the action is the same with the exception that yours doesn't have the deep forward lug that sticks thru the floorplate. The Schüler boys seemed to cotton to larger lugs and dogs with the front/forward portion of the cocking levers usually larger and dipping lower.

[quote=ellenbr]

from a Robert Schüler thread: http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post184804

What I'd look for:

1st, is there a serial number on the left side of the watertable and on the lower tube?

Are the strikers bushsed as well as disk set? Are there any initals on the left side of the lower tube near the lugs and as well as any on the right side of the lower tube near the forend lug?

Is the "Nitro" stamp present on the tubes under the wood and is it block or script?

Is "Prussian"/"Germany" on the left side of the watertable as well as on the wood behind the pistol grip cap?

Krupp steel tubes and if so, what is the stamp past the "bullet" after "Krupp Lauf Stahl" a Gothic "J" or a script "W" in () - (W)? There should be a Kelber forge mark on both of the tubes.

The engraving really doesn't look like that of Fritz Heimbeck and I'd center a search around the oak leaves in the game scene.

What is rolled stamped on the right side of the top tube?

I could easily be wrong, but I don't think Gebrüder Adamy applied much effort to this example. And I'm not really sure that Richard Schüler performed a whole lot of work on the examples he was sourced for and that his "facility" was like all the rest in that he outsourced much of the work and the families of the same craftsmen who performed a specific task early-on on the Dalys are still contributing the effort. By the 1930s I'd guess that Richard Schüler's son Hans Schüler would have be an intergral part.

I forgot to note that there were others Suhl firms which used the advertising stamp "Sole U.S. Agents Sloans Sportings..." with one being Abesser & Merkel which was a partnership of Paul Abesser(I don't know of a F. Abesser yet) and Ernst Merkel, who received his master's sheepskin on August 14, 1929. I think it was a short lived venture in the 1920s and possibly 1930s which is the same time period we are concerned with for now.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse