I have no idea how Mr. Ed knows what most heat treaters bring the temp to when they heat treat a receiver. Also, I have never heard of a CC guy heating a frame to 1600 degrees --- the usual temp is 1400 - 1425 degrees. Furthermore, a frame/receiver should be annealed prior to CC to relieve stresses & release carbon (guess you haven't read about that from another thread Mr. Ed.) Seems there is quite abit you aren't aware of re. CC based on your replies to this subject. Of course I only have a back ground of being a former Colt & Win. master engraver to fall back on & the info the fact. guys taught me.

As to re-CC a frame/action being dangerous, Guess Colt, Win. , and all the guys such as Classic guns & Turnbulls haven't heard from you and your wise opinions re. this topic. Wonder why they continue to re-case these firearms over the past 100 or so years ??? Could you possibly be wrong about the danger aspect ? I for one have never heard of any of the above being sued for damaging a firearm but then again, I have only been in the business for 51 years so might not have the experience you have.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288