Jay,

The gun is actually a shade less! It has the standard 29" barrels, SG/SF, SST, HRBP. Stock demensions are 14 1/4, 1 1/2, 2 3/8 with 3/8 CO, (a small extra charge at the time) BP is 5 X 1 5/8 same as yours. I agree that the stock has a lot to work with. I am leaving mine alone but if I were looking to shave an Oz or two it's there. I stayed with the 2X wood and got lucky, a nice looking stock. I could use a slightly longer LOP but later in the season it was just right. I have no complaints on the wrist, I don't have huge hands but I'm not delicate either. To me, the wrist has nowhere near the clubby feel of a Berretta Silver Chunk.

I don't care for ejectors and I wish that they had been optional. I wonder about removing the mechanism from the forend. That should lose an Oz or two but I like the balance and don't want to change it. So I cover the barrels on opening.

If CSMC would have offered shorter barrels, extractors, a true SF and a more gracile stock these would have been very light guns.

Chief