I have a RBL-20 and love it. A friend lent me his during a hunting trip. I had not shot at anything with feathers in 25 years and had never used a sxs before, but I hit everything I shot at. I drove to New Britain the following week and bought one. My only complaint is that the damn thing has given me the sxs disease, after a lifetime of ignorant bliss shooting a pump.

I am not a double-gun expert, but for my money the ~$3k I paid for my RBL (incliuding a nice case and lifetime warranty) was a great investment, based on value, aesthetics and performance. From the new sxs in that price range that I have seen, nothing really compares, with the possible exception of spanish guns. But those are neither US-made nor US-serviced.

CMSC has stopped production and is sitting on an undisclosed inventory (they also won't say how many they made), which they seem to be selling in small numbers on their website. Knowing their marketing inclinations, I would not be surprised if they come back with some special edition RBL (maybe 28 and/or 20 only) after they finish with the A-10.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.