RickD's example.

An image similar to Jani's example

An image of an Anson-Kerner BBF combo similar to Jani's acquisition. Script "WK" would be Wilhelm Kelber so I wonder if he fitted the action. As I've stated before Axel Eichendorff holds that Wilhelm Kelber's script initials notes his making of the tubes and the "K" encircled by a heart shaped "W" notes the fitting of the action. I don't subscribe to that as of now. Somewhere on the tubes between the flats and the forend lug will be a set of tube maker's marks, probably a "K" encircled by a jagged image. I'm curious what the tube steel might be? With all the combos I'm curious if E. Schmidt & Habermann sourced Greifeldt for the frames as per their catalogues they offered quite a few O/Us usually with Boehler tubes? E. Schmiddt & Habermann is noted as a maker to the trade and I assume Greifeldt could have been but I haven't seen any info suggesting so. As usually more research is needed and I'm also curious what part the owners played and I think Paul was a master gunsmith. Was the Nitro mark in script? By the way these are of the Kerner - Anson & Deeley design being a rung or 2 about the triggerplate actions.

I mentioned earlier that I though that all Robert Schüler examples that I've seen were upper eschelon but upon reviewing my notes I did see a utility grade drilling at the 2009 Vintager's event as well as a double or 2 which were a bit about the utility status. Of course as usual I should have made better notes but I think the drilling had the initials "RS" on the underside which I would attribute to Richard Schüler and this assumption would strengthen the argument that Robert Schüler of Köln sourced Richard Schüler for his examples. But the same day I say the Robert Schüler drilling I also saw the Robert Schüler 600 Nitro clamshell and I guess it overshadowed the drilling.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse