Knowing Heindrick August Schoverling arrived in the U.S. of A. in the late 1850s as a merchant and considering trial testimony, I knew Heindrdick August Schoverling(he & Daly worked at Hermann Boker in the 1860s) was betting/trading on the side with respect to Schoverling, Daly & Gales(N.C. - bicylces). Heindrick August Schoverling & Sophia Augusta "Gussie" Heitmann were married on Oct. 8, 1868 and Albert August Schoverling possibly was born in the mid to late 1870s. In June of 1898 during the Spanish-American War he entered(was pressed into service) or was drafted?? and only stayed until November of the same year. Heindrick August Schoverling died on the 29th of March, 1891 and it is difficult to determine whose heirs and assigns were in control of Schoverling, Daly & Gales after Daly's death in 1899. But the years of 1903 to 1906 look to have been a very busy period for H.A. Lindner, Sauer & Schoverling, Daly & Gales(Charles H. Daly, Joseph Gales & Theodore W. Stake were principals circa 1904) with the decendents of Heindrick August Schoverling being no different as circa 1904 Schovering & Welles was formed with Albert August Schoverling, Frederick W. Schoverling & Henry S. Welles as the prinicipals at 2 Murray Street, NY. Schoverling and Welles were agents for Muller & Company, J.B. Ranger & Sons of Belgium, Franz Jaeger of Germany as well as others. During this time Albert A.(August?) Schoverling seems to have been very active in competition and also being a memeber at the Palisade Gun Club of Edgewater, N.J. I typed all this seeing I ran across a drilling example with the "Schoverling & Welles" name on it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=158796067

I'm attempting to acquire some info/pics but it may sale soon.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse