I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but I am fairly new to this site and wanted to see the varying opinions. Let's keep this to guns you own, your approximate locale, or the game/targets you pursue most. I don't care if it's an H&H best gun or the ol' Riverside dad gave to you 50 years ago. Let's use the perverbial "one go to gun." This isn't intended to be a "measuring" match.

So I'll start. I have English setters, live in Iowa, and hunt mostly pheasents. Once in a blue moon I'll see a hun or quail. I do like to try and take one hunting trip a year for birds, and hunt a little waterfowl too.

My personal favorite is my Parker Trojan in 12 guage. Not fancy or flashy, but fits me very well at 14 1/4 LOP and 1 5/8 DAC and 2 3/4 DAH. This gun has been used a lot but still locks up tight and has some charecter. 28" bbls that have been back bored to remove pits, cones lengthened and right choke opened to mod. Blue is about 85%, traces of case color, and the wood is excellent. It weighs about 7 1/2 pounds so it's a little heavy but balances so well that you don't notice as much. This is by far not my most expensive double, nor is it the nicest, but it's my favorite, and finds its way into the truck on nearly every hunting trip. I have killed buku pheasents with it, huns, quail, ducks, geese, woodcock, grouse, and chukars. When the cover gets tight I use spreaders. There doesn't seem to be anything this gun won't handle. While have many others, this is the ONE.

I will be interested to see what everyone else has....

Double guns and English Setters