I have never doubted that Lindner's actions were of Sauer origin.
I do think that that one inch longer action was a Lindner invention and Sauer complied. It was later, unless corrected, that Sauer added it to their product line. It seems to me elemental that it was strictly Lindner, as no other makers had it, at Lindner's time.
I have stated, in print, that Lindner was responsible for qualifying guns that went to Daly after Lindner retired and for a short time after.
When Hans and I began our research, few workmen from Lindner's time, in the gun business, were alive. But, we did have the opportunity to talk with a few. They, to a man, agreed that Lindner was a gentleman held in deep respect in Suhl. His home/workshop (see the pic in the DGJ) attests to his success.
I have thought long and hard about this man. He was an obsession for me for several years.
I have concluded that he was the consummate business man, taking every opportunity to advance his opinion, in product, on what was a superior and beautiful sporting shotgun. I have also concluded that he was imminently capable of producing that final product. Either under his own marque or that of Sauer.
Please pardon this intrusion on a serious academic thread. Passion dictates, on occasion. Plus, I am an old man !!LOL
Best regards,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.