My dad had a saying: Get a gun and learn to shoot it. I guess that's what you had to do living during the great depression and WWII, when you were lucky to have a gun or shells at all. So, that's what I've always tried to do - never had a gun fitted, altered, "upgraded", etc. Turning anything into a science always seemed to ruin it for me, plus, from years I spent in the music business, I learned that the best players could take ANY instrument, play the sh!t out of it, and sound great.

I follow several shotgun boards, a couple of fly fishing boards, and a board for guitar players. Each has a wide variety of participants: "Experts", collectors, folks who obsess about the proper combinations of this and that, set up, specs, etc.,and a whole bunch of folks who just hunt, shoot, fish or play, and have fun doing it. I seem to fit best in that category.

I recently got jumped pretty good when I opined that it is silly to pay $100+ for a guitar capo; I still think it is, but I was surprised to find out how many not only think it's NOT silly, but actually think that if you don't own a $100+ guitar capo, you're not playing to the full potential of your instrument.

The only time I've ever used a gunsmith is when something broke, and fortunately that hasn't happened very often. I hope Mr. Ken and Mike work out their differences; from what I've heard and read they both seem like good fellows. Too bad this had to happen.

As for the differences of opinion of altering guns, whatever floats your boat. Like the kids say, It's all good.

Last edited by Fin2Feather; 01/14/10 11:06 AM.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein