8BORE, So your comments were not tongue in cheek !!! Your intent was to look down on those of us who you accuse of having no respect for our vintage guns. I see!! If I had a trainload of SXS's like you, I could probably find a few with the proper chokes and fit. Buying shells and more practice?? Hitting a woodcock or grouse with an xtra full choked Sterlingworth and watch the feathers float to the ground seems to be a waste, but it would reveal excellent marksmanship. Have you shared your thoughts with Ken Hurst regarding his engraving on those treasured field grades? I agree, what a shame. Just a thought, but maybe your way of thinking has convinced Mike to stockpile all the barrels he's received for choke work and put them in protective custody. That would keep us butcher's from doing things that big brother sees as unconscionable. I assume broken parts such as firing pins and hammersprings should be left as is seeing it's just part of the life cycle of the vintage gun. Yep, hit the nerve again. Thanks for clarifying your tongue and cheek comment, I get it now. This is probably a petty issue and small in the scheme of things, but your comments as trite as it may seem, lightly challenge my right of free choice and freedom, thus prompting my overbearing reply. Hunter/Gatherer

RMC