I have not ever had any work done by Mike, but what I am hearing is all to common among gunsmiths. I have had many experiences like this over the years. I am pleased to say by now I have found some great ones. While many of the gunsmith can be quite talented and fantastic, most seem to be very poor businessmen.

It is all too common for them to give you a time frame and not even be close to it. Not returning calls when the know why your calling. Ignoring you, because they screwed the pouch.

While most of use realize that things can get delayed, unexpected personal problems come up, etc. I would respect and understand that if a gunsmith contacted me ahead of time and explained the situation, I would be more understanding and more willing to swing with him. ( Not waiting till way after the time promised and then giving me all the excuses why it was not done. IE; ran out of gas, gold fish died, could not find car keys, dick got caught in his zipper, etc)

Not responding is just not acceptable which seems like what Mr. Hurst has here. From what Mr Hurst has said, he has given Mike many times to contact him both by phone and mail with no responce.

Best

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Last edited by arrieta2; 01/11/10 10:49 AM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971