Frank Malin,[deceased March 10 2006] had some of his boxlock guns made by W&C.Scott in their works at Tame Road, Birmingham.This I can attest to because I saw the guns in production.
Malin,s sidelock guns were made exclusively by British trained craftsmen in his Melbourne,Ontario,Canada,shop [and are marked with his name the Melbourne address]. Malin,s material sources were the same as those used by the British trade of the day. Frank I am sorry to say got carried away by personal ambition, and as a result ran into trouble and lost control of his business.
The police investigated Malin,s business dealings.After reviewing the evidence[ie:I was to be called as an expert witness] they did not proceed with any charge of; "missrepresentation in respect of custom built shotguns".Frank was however found guilty of fraud in respect of accepting deposits on guns that were not delivered. The penalty was a fine of $2500.
Today, Purdey and others can engrave their name on imported shotgun actions that they have finished and receive praise in the sporting press. This was not the case for the late Frank Malin!

Roy Hebbes