Originally Posted By: ellenbr

1902 Recreation - http://books.google.com/books?id=lPAXAAA...;q=&f=false

"Barrels of Krupp Genuine Fluid Steel. Barrels equal to or better than used in many guns costing 3 times as much. Bored on the same system that has made the Daly Gun renowned for its wonderful shooting qualities."
I would guess that the tubes were made in the Sauer plant but wonder if they were exposed to the same craftsmanship and shooting performace as the Sauer's with the "Large & Small Crowns"?

On another note, Heinrich A. Lindner's son Ernst Lindner was born on July 6th, 1883 and fell in fierce fighting opposite the Brits on June 16th, 1915. He entered the apprentice program and should have received his master's brief circa 1906. In 1904 Heinrich Lindner is noting as expanding the business and I can't say if it was regarding structure, machinery or both. I guess he was expanding in anticipation of his son becoming a master and the potential of another master inhouse. I can begin to see a small portion of the devistation due to the realization of loss of an heir in the gunsmith line, but not the loss of a son.
In the 1903-1904 period does anyone have info as far as changes in Charles Daly models, offerings, etc?? Any note of "E.L." marks on the 1906-pre-WWI examples?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse