I have only had internal barrel work done by Mr. Orlen. Over the years...I believe I've sent him 5 or 6 sets of tubes...He was always courteous when we spoke, always returned my phone calls and returned my emails when I've gone that route. I was never without any of my barrels for longer than 10 days, including the shipping time. Every job I've sent to him has been done as I instructed, the choke constrictions I requested always dead on. Late this last summer I sent him a set of Browning Superposed barrels, I sent them on a Monday and they were on my doorstep the following Monday and the work was first rate and of impeccable quality...as usual.

I'm sorry to hear of everyone elses misfortunes in dealing with Mr. Orlen, with that said, he is still my go to guy for internal barrel work.

Hang out on this forum long enough and dang near every working gunsmith out there has had a complaint written about them at one time or another. I've have seen some absolute iron mongering (aka gunsmithing buffoonery) performed on a couple extremely fine guns from guys who if I mentioned their hallowed names here, I would no doubt get more of my precious rating stars yanked out of my profile box faster than I can say "Jumanji"!!