There is some comfort in knowing that I am not alone in my frustration in dealing with Mr. Orlen.

In October of 2008 I sent him a set of LC Smith Ideal Grade 12 ga. barrels for chamber lengthening, choke work and reblue, the latter a service he advertised at the time. I included full payment for the work plus return shipping and insurance. Mr. Orlen cashed my check in December of 2008. Over the next 12 months to date, I have spoken on the phone with him 5 times, sent 4 letters, one Registered Mail, and all with Return Receipt to verify his receipt, said receipts acknowledged by their return. In the phone calls I was told from the first that the choke and chamber work was done and the hold up was the bluing. As time passed, I asked him repeatedly to send the barrels back without the bluing done, regardless of their external condition. To date I have no barrels and of course, no verbal contact or correspondence reply from Mr. Orlen.

I had contemplated contacting the MA Attorney General and the Amherst Better Business Bureau, but resisted doing so. Knowing MA's attitude toward firearms, I was concerned that a complaint could lead to a loss of some form of state license for Mr. Orlan and impact what may be his livelyhood. As each day passes that concern diminishes. What is so frustrating for me and others who are in this situation is that Mr. Orlen has done at least a dozen shotgun barrels for me over a 10 year period, and the work was done well and they were returned quickly.

And a closing comment which I suspect and hope is unnecessary on this Board - I posted on another on line magazine board my comments on Mr. Orlen and the chronology of my problems - I received several on board responses and PM's that told me to 'lay off' this wonderful fellow and questioned the marital status of my parents. For those of you who might wish to respond this way - don't waste your time or mine.