I have had 3 guns re-casehardened in the past 15 years. A Parker, a Smith, and an Ithaca. Two were done by Turnbull and one by or through Gunter Pfrommer. The colors and workmanship on all three appeared excellent. All three experienced minor warping which did not affect the usability or shootability of the guns. Its just that some of the parts didn't fit as well as they did prior to the re-case. On the Parker, the entire frame spread apart at the rails about .002. On the Smith, one sideplate warped slightly so that it was .001 or 2 proud at one end, and flush at the other. On the Ithaca, the toplever wiggled slightly in the frame. I agree with 2-piper: in the old days, master craftsmen known as "hard fitters" would bend or smack a part back into alignment after the casehardening was complete. If the part broke, they got another one and started from scratch. Today, there aren't any "other ones" to replace a broken part with, so (rightly so, I think) no one is willing to take the risk of smacking or tweaking a warped part back into alignment. JMHO. Bottom line is that I will not re-case another gun. If it too bad to live with, then I simply pass. Good luck.