OK Miller, he didn't originate it. He designed one, patented it, later, and built most of his guns that way. It would also seem he kept quite a few copy-cat makers of guns, based on his designs, from producing monoblock guns, for a long time.

Pete, I do understand the improvement thing has relaxed in recent years-which, is why I pointed out that I don't know if the patent granted to Francisque would have been considered enough of an improvement, to a sliding breech gun, back in the day, to justify him getting it. The year, 1910, is suspect-one year after the original was allowed to lapse.

Do you know, for fact? Again, I don't.

In the end, you don't sleeve a monblock gun, per say. Which, is where I was going. Thanks for clearing my mistake up. "Originator" is not correct.

GergSy is just jumping in (not with anything factual about a gun, per usual) because I showed him the Winged Mopars had fewer wins in NASCAR when they came out, and did not have the number of wins the (Gasp!) blue oval guys did in that era.
He still can't accept that idea. But it's easy to look up.

Al Gore? Didn't he invent the internet? And, doesn't he refuse to debate a few people about the existance of global warming?

And, again, jOe you are wrong-I'm trying to convince you that you don't sleeve a monoblock.

And, still waiting for Geno......
Best,
Ted