Raimey,Ken,Eightbore,
I agree please don't bury this discussion into private e-mails, I for one am guilty in that I have done so myself with Raimey when I first saw this thread as I was intrigued with his knowledge & research capabilities. I have been collecting & researching Heinrich Scherping guns for sometime now and in what I am learning from you guy's amazes me & to see the ties to Sauer as with the Daly's, it opens the eyes as to how many smaller makers were out there producing fantastic firearms without trying to reinvent the wheel. Makes sense that a smaller maker would source the raw components that he did not have the capability to make from one of the best of the larger firms, then bring them into their shop & tweak & embellish to fit their customers desires & retail their own finished product that differed from others. I wish I had more knowledge to share on the subject but feel like a rookie, but I do have quite few examples of Heinrich Scherpings guns and am certainly willing to add anything I can in learning more on the Suhl trade of the time.

Best Regards
Mike