I must admit I found the ads tempting but it did seem "too good to be true". I didn't order a gun because I NEVER pay in advance for anything. Almost every time I have done so I have regretted it, so I don't do it any more. Not home remodeling, not vacations, and certainly not guns that don't exist yet. Those fat deposits are baloney considering this is not a bespoke gun. More reasonable to ask for a progress payment once a gun was ready for it's final "custom" features (wood, finish, triggers).

I see they are still taking orders, through Dec 31st. Makes no sense to me to shut it down after that date unless they are losing money on them and have an inventory to burn off.

Nor does it make sense that they are still advertising for new customers when the ones they have are mad as snakes over delays. Maybe they need the deposit money. (And the rather large discount they offered for full payment in advance tells me they owe, they owe, they owe.)

Having said that, I must say I admire their bravery for taking on a project like this. A brand new sxs gun made in the USA for a lot less money than a similar AYA. These guys must really love making guns.

You guys with deposits, just PRAY the outfit doesn't go belly up (like Dakota and almost every other US gunmaker except Ruger and Remington)...in that case you won't have your gun or your money.

doublegunhq.com
Fine English, American and German Double Shotguns and Rifles