Pe, Mike, etc. I checked months ago, talked to Mike Graf directly, and also Cheddite, and Cheddite is not going to sell any hulls to any individuals. Graf is their rep or agent in the US, and all hulls sold in the US go through him. That's what the original deal was, the pooling of 16 ga. paper orders to get Graf to cut a special order from Cheddite, since he didn't stock paper 16's. The fact is, this big order didn't materialize because no one wanted to take the risk of the commitment necessary for 50 or 60 thousand hulls, and then distribute them. This is a task not to be underestimated. The deal didn't get organized and money wasn't collected. No one stepped up to the plate, and I don't blame them. I wouldn't have either. But it was a great idea, and we do have to thank its originators for whipping up demand for some neat hulls, though they will probably go unrewarded.

Frankly, Graf didn't even want to do it when I talked to him. He was unsure of such a small special market. Evidently he became more confident later, and just went ahead and did the deal. I hope it works out for him. The price is OK, remember he has taken a risk we wouldn't, he's in business and deserves to make a buck. I'm glad he did it. I think he'll do OK, and we want him to, so he orders more special stuff. Our job as "the market" is to buy more if we hope to drive the price down, but I doubt we will have much effect as individuals. My guess is that if somebody still wants to buy 50 or 60 thousand in one crack, Graf would do it, and the price would be back at the lowest figure.