Stallones, that Moore I had was among a batch of old scrappers that I got from someone in order to de-activate as wall pieces; it didn't need a practiced eye to show it was a fake. It was often the better known makers that were forged. No doubt yours will be genuine as you would soon spot the deception. Some guns marked W.Richards will be of that firm from Liverpool and Preston and will be good guns. W.Richards is still in business and the owner says he gets a lot of queries, especially from the States, about 'his' guns and as he has full records he has to disappoint quite a few people. I saw a gun recently marked J. Pardey!

Homeless Joe, that Greener that you put the link to is no more a Greener that I am and if someone is preparred to bid $2,800 then there is no hope for them. I have a Greener forgery marked W.J.Greenen The Strand, London which believe it or not is of quite good quality and almost certainly made by C.J.Bonehill of Birmingham and finished by someone who thought it necessary to fool the buyer. I will post some pictures of it tomorrow. Forged gun collecting could become an art in itself and none too expensive either. Lagopus.....