Thanks. I had most of the information with the exception of an actual list of initials for Lindner longarms. Regarding the Schillings & Schlegelmilch klans, recently I was attempting to track what they did. But there were at least two different sets of Schlegelmilchs in the porcelain business in the 1880-1890 period when the bicycle craze began and one was Reinhold Schelgelmilch who used a "R.S." mark on his wares. And then on the weapons side there was Reinhard Schelgelmilch who was a gunsmith in the post WWI-WWII period. So when you look in the listings and directories one generally sees "Fabrikant" or "Fabrikbesitzer"(factory owner) for say Karl Schlegelmilch and Gebhard Schilling for example. Now this puzzle is all time dependent and I fear unless some subcontractor info surfaces, it may indeed be a rabbit chase. At the turn of the 20th Century, everyone knew everyone and why was there a need to exactly chronicle the tasks performed, and by whom, and they just knew that someone 100 years later would not be going over the info with a fine toothed comb.

Ken you are correct on the odd "E.SCH" stamp and I at first thought it to be a post WWI/tube mechanization type stamp. I still lean toward the Schleenstein folk because of their assocation with Krieghoff.

I know that it is a task and possibly a labour of love, but if the initials were arranged or grouped in chronological order it provide another equation for the lot. Also has any tube stamp info been collected on the Golcher/U.S. of A.(or others of Germanic origin) longarms similar to a Lindner?

I would be very suprised if one example didn't have a gothic or script "J" stamp on the tubes.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 05/23/09 09:10 AM.