Originally Posted By: Ken Georgi
I am away from the full data base right now, but from what I have in front of me I can report that the following initials have been reported on Prussian Dalys:

R.S. *
E.E. *
K.S. *
J.W *
L.G (or E.G)
A.B. *
M.S.
L.E.
A.S.

(Please remember that because much of this data has been reported and not personally observed, I cannot vouch for the accuracy. Also remember that due to the nature of the stamping process, some of the stamps are hard to read - what one person reports as "A.S.", may actually be "A.B". I've noted with an asterisk above those initials that have been reported more than once.)

Ken

Here's a work in progress with best guesses for now. Most of the craftsmen have an association with some barrel making aspect or metal working:

R.S. – Robert Schlegelmilch pre-WWI and Richard Schuler or Robert Schilling

E.E. – Emil Eckholdt beginning in 1876, at some point used “EES”- Emil Eckholdt Suhl

K.S. Karl(?) Schlegelmilch, factory owner or something of the like. Some of the klan made bicycles

J.W. – Julius Will of Oskar Will commencing in 1844 with metalworking-
Venuswaffenwerk, Post WWII there was a J. Wilhelm and an O. Wilhelm both which were barrel makers

L.G. – Louis Graner of Zella-Mehlis very little info or connection to metal working
Listed for time period and initials

A.B. – August Blatt was definitely active circa WWI and was in full swing at WWII
Barrel maker who at some point used “ABA” – August Blatt Albrechts

M.S. – Moritz Schilling or Max Schilling(Fabrikant/manufacture in 1907),

L.E. – ????

A.S. – Alfred Schilling(1876-1947) Zella St. Blasii son of Veit Schilling(1839-1898)

W.M. – Wilhelm Moritz of Zella St. Blasii beginning in 1869, a stamp of crossed hammer or tools with a bishop atop with the W & M intergrated is attributed to him

I don’t think the following would apply:
Wilhelm Mauser expired in 1882 and Waffenfabrik Mauser formed in 1884
Waffenwerke Mehlis – Valentin Bader & father Louis Bader

Well, with the early 1890s date of "E.Sch." that might just negate my theory of "Max Sch." for Max Schleenstein and "E.Sch." for Ernst Schleenstein unless there was a father or uncle with the name E. Schleestein during an earlier period. And the only other clan that I know of for now with a similar combination of names would be the Schneider folk of Zella St. Blasii being Eduard Schneider during the 1890s and Max Schneider from the
1920s onward

I'm sure there are some unidentified craftsmen that we may never now their names.
I would also expect to see some of the following:

August Ansorg, pre-WWI to WWII
Wilhelm Richards Jaeger – circa 1910 to WWII
Kelber – Louis or Wilhelm – post WWI
Klett – F.A. or Heinrich Christoph
Reitz & Recknagel(1867) - Someone from this group

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 05/22/09 11:32 PM.