Thanks MP and I did attempt to read some of it. I did find the
Cockerill – Poldi reference is interesting. For now about all I could find are just references to Poldihutte, Wien. But the office address pre-WWI was #7 Invalidenstrasse, Vienna. Along with Klando engineers Whilacek & Hatlanek, Fridolin Reiser of Vienna had some part in developing special tool steel with the addition of chromium, tungsten, titanium and molybdenum. The steel might have been called “Maximum Special” steel. I found the terms TiegelguSSstahl-Fabrik & TiegelGuSSstahlwerke for Poldihutte of Wien which is either a sauce pan making facility or a crucible steel facility where I was guess iron was mixed with chromium, tungsten, titanium and molybdenum to get the special barrel/tool steel. Poldihutte, Wien must have been a speciality facility but one would think more info would be available.
But in addition to naming Poldihutte after his wife Leopoldina, in Kladno Wittgenstein name Rudolfhutte after his son Rudolf.

Regarding penning articles on arms, Adolph could be considered "the W.W. Greener" of the U.S. of A.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 05/07/09 10:38 AM.