The above post points out the fallacy of "Gun Control".

Quote:
"I heard The Prez say in one of his campaign speeches that 'no one could tell him that America couldn't find a way to both protect the rights of the pheasant hunter in Pennsylvania and put an end to gun related gang crime in Chicago'. Much as I dislike the guy, that sentiment resonated with me and I'll bet with a lot of other folks "

I for one could care less about your rights as a pheasant hunter as this is NOT what the 2nd Amendment is about. It is about having the necessary tools to protect me and my family and avoid becomming a victum of "gang Crime in Chicago". which is a subject BTW I have more first hand experience with than the occupant of the WhiteHouse. I managed Section 8 housing on the South Side and had to interact with members of the Gangster Diciples and other gangs on a daily basis. The only thing these thugs fear is retaliation which in this case was if they didn't toe the line I'd permanately ban them from the property and their "girlfriends". The is nothing IMO that can be done from a legal perspective to keep weapons out of the hands of gang members in Chicago and if Obama doesn't know this he's more ignorent than I thought.
Oh and BTW: The reason for my statement about pheasant hunters rights is this would be a non-issue as the right to keep and bear arms falls under the 2nd Amendment umbrella and certainly includes the recreational use of firearms.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.