Found out that the way to glue onto pad is to use rubber cement.

I am going to have my Baker Elite SBT fitted with a pad so I can shoot it and enjoy it!

The stock is currently fitted with a tacked on red "spacer" that gives a total LOP of 14 1/4". I believe the red spacer to be the tacked on base of a Jostam sponge rubber pad with a 1917 patent date.

I do not want to cut the stock and removing the spacer is very tricky, so I need a thin pad. I have acquired a vintage but still soft 1 inch used Jostam sponge rubber two ply pad, without its red base, a 1 inch very hard vintage Jostam Anti-flinch and I could easily obtain a Galazan hard rubber 1/2" pad.

At this point I plan on installing a 1/2" Galazan and I will likely save the Anti-Flinch should the next owner want to cut the stock and install a correct pad to the new owner's LOP.

Any thoughts on trimming the Jostam sponge pad to 1/2" thick or less and gluing it to the red spacer?

Should it be cut above or below the middle spacer?
Above the spacer means I would glue rubber to the spacer on the stock. Below the spacer would mean I would glue the middle spacer to the spacer on the stock.

What type of glue should be used?

Should it be cooled before grinding or cutting?

Any other thin pads out there?
One possibility is to take a Winchester reproduction 1922 pad, and grind it down to 1/2 inch. The Winchester would be soft, I think, and it has 3 1/8 inch holes that would match the existing holes. Is the winchester soild all the way through?

Thanks

Lou

[img][img][/img] [/img]

[img][/img]

Last edited by Bushmaster; 03/22/09 05:40 PM.