You are most welcome, and thanks for your kind remark on my visual acuity- still 20/20 uncorrected and as I am right handed, also a right dominant eye. Great news for a die-hard shooter like myself. I have no idea how you would sell that fine but not 100% original Smith in Germany, but if you come back to the States and wish to sell it, please advise me. What is the barrel length and barrel steel grade markings? I prefer double triggered pre-1913 Smiths and only 12 gauge. Why? I shoot 12's better than any other gauge, and only reload for 12. Also, Smith always chambered their 12 gauge guns in the std. 2.75",(except the 3" Long Range version that came out in the mid 1920's I believe) whereas some Fox, Parker and other US mfg. 12 gauge guns had shorter chambers back in that era. 16's are OK, but the early Smiths in 16 gauge had 2.5" chambers for quite some time, ditto the 20 gauge.

Also, simple economics- there were way more 12 gauge Smiths made, especially the better finished pre-1913 series, than the 16 and 20 gauges, hence greater possible supply to meet the ever growing demand. I believe I saw a 12 2E or 3E that had been restocked, also with Hunter One Trigger, in recent Action Arms Auction Site. Also, perhaps others advised you of this, but if you let the hammers down on a Smith when you store it, ALWAYS make sure you re-open the gun to recock the hammers before you dis-assemble it for cleaning, etc. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/11/09 01:47 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..