pmw, Are the barrels serial numbered to the gun? There were two type of barrels offered then, Good Damascus and Nitro Steel for your grade gun in that year.
If the stock is original, there should be a serial number under the trigger guard in the inletted wood, as stated before.
It looks like a Pachmyer recoil pad and I believe that no recoil pads were offered in 1895, and the White Line Pachmyer is from the late 1940's I believe.
The forend is not correct. It would be a splinter typw with a piece of ebony at the tip and with a black plastic round disc of a dogs head imbedded into the forend.
The Hunter One-Trigger can be a nightmare, try backing out the one screw holding the side locks on by a half turn. If that doesn't work and you still have a problem, take the trigger guard wood screws taken out, lift the trigger guard out of the inletted wood and rotate the trigger guard counter-clockwise to reveal another screw going up to the top tang right behind the safety. Loosen this screw by half-a-turn also and try again.

By the way the Hunter One Trigger was not available until 1904 in catalogs but was put on a few guns in 1901.
The stock would have to be modified to accept the Hunter One Trigger, making it more prone to cracking with the wrong loads.

Unless guns of this age were keep in a closet out of the sun light and not handled, very few have the case-colors left. They turn that nice satin patina like yours. To have it re-cased colored means that the side plates would have to be re-annealed to make them soft again and then case hardened again. Case colors are the by-product of the case hardening process, and in this country only a few can get the L.C. Smith colors. I would leave it alone.

Good luck with it.

David