Many thanks for the information! Pete, I especially appreciate the direct links to component suppliers. I'd already found the Buffalo Arms site and ordered a box of their BP loads a couple of days ago. This fellow (http://gadcustomcartridges.com/)
is a custom reloader and carries an amazing line of obsolete and current calibers, most I'd never heard of. I ordered a box of his smokeless loads.

RDshow, because there is also a .43 Egyption and a .43 Spanish (probably other 11mm's I don't know about too), I know you are right about doing a chamber cast, but the guy I bought the gun from has been shooting CIL/Dominion smokeless factory loads in it and assures me its a .43 mauser. I don't have the gun in hand yet, so we'll see when it shows up. I expect the ammo I've ordered will fit though.

Best bet for sure is to reload, though I'll probably just buy the bullets, don't think wife will let me melt lead in her sauce pans (specially since using the kitchen sink to clean black powder residue out of the barrels worked out so badly last time). I sure ain't gonna buy the collector grade factory loads I ran across.

Have any of you guys used the .43 mauser to hunt with? The Sauer has a set-trigger arrangement that I'm looking forward to playing with...Geo