Right on the money Destry- I traded a Parker SC 34" SBT and took a plain old non-engraved M12 Pigeon and some cash to boot (OK- the little birdie is "engraved" on the magazine extension by the sn)12 gauge Trap Gun mfg in 1948-solid red pad- "Olde Milled Rib" 30 inch Imp Mod. barrel of WPS-- That Parker had some fancy-schmancy engraving, some numbnutz had replaced the original factory pad or plate with a God-Awful Morgan adjustable pad, built up the cheek with an add-on check piece to resemble a "Monte Carlo"- thought that was a Chevy- like an IROC Camaro-had an Orre choke and a release trigger- if that Parker had a top tang safety, they would have most likely "boogered" that up too. As an old timer once said "All them chicken scratchings on the metal don't break you targets, Sonny"..

What is all the hype about barrel steel grades in Parkers- If I bought a CHE 12 in 1922, and my hunting pal bought a VHE 12 the same year, are my barrels "proofed" to a higher standard than those on his "Olde Reliable" just because I had deeper pockets and wanted a "better" gun. Utter rubbish-and I can't swing a Model 21 in this economy (whom of us can?) but at least those great doubles were all made from WPS-no variation that I know of.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..