I am not aware of which plain shotguns exactly Annie Oakley used in the shows or competition. Once again, she owned and used- many guns.I would be very interested to know what sources you are relying on so that I may become better educated on Annie Oakley as she is a hero of mine (and my daughters).

I do, however, have another quote from her in a article she wrote in 1893 (page 134-- same book as before):

"For field shooting I use a light hammerless 20 gauge double gun of the best make. Nobody should trust their lives behind a cheap gun--one costing less than one hundred dollars. I use the nitro powders, and have never considered them dangerous. They are all right if the shells are correctly loaded."

I assume she is referring to one of the pair of Lancaster 20 gauges she had made in England.

I personally have no real preference between British or American guns, plain or fancy (although I have always had a soft spot for Parkers). I just love a well made gun regardless of which side of the pond it came from.

The information I have on Annie Oakley is mainly from the R.L. Wilson book and her 1927 biography by Courtney Riley Cooper. I also have been a member of the Cody Firearms Museum for many years and receive their publications which sometimes have articles on Annie Oakley. Can you point me in another direction that would have more correct information?