You are right about those "Purdey's" of "Hank The Deuce". years ago, as my wife, who grew up in Grosse Pointe Farms, I came to know the area well- there was a custom gunshop on Kercheval near the border (3 mile rd) and a former GM journeyman tool maker name of Byford McDaniel and his wife Lois that ran that place.

Mac told me once that "Hank II sent his chauffeur over" with the Purdeys, 3 days before the overbearing (When your last name is on the building, you can do whatever the *&^% you want to) Mr. Ford II was to leave for Scotland for driven grouse- He wanted "Mac" to drop other work, and strip and clean them- Mac told the "flunkie" NO Deal- but did look at the Purdeys-if he were here, he'd agree with you Ted- overpriced junk- or do the Limeys spell it "Junque" as they spell a check as a cheque??

And Hank's son tried to bribe the MI DNR to screen off the open section of the Pigeon River, so that the "lowlifes" could NOT see the Ford resort- MI has a "run of the river law" that dates back to 1928- a fly fisherman on the Pine River sued "Top" Taggart- the oil robber baron who established FSU in Big Rapids- and won in the MI State Supreme Court-

The rich are very different from us- they think the world is their "playtoy"- Purdeys, Peel shoes, Phillip Patek wristwatches, Porches, Perrazis- and the "beat goes on"..

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 02/08/09 11:10 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..